Journal Club is a great way to connect with other oCUBErs and discuss biology/science education papers in a friendly online setting.
March's host is Daniel Jeffery of Institut Curie!
Article: Newton PM, Da Silva A, and Berry S. (2020) The case for pragmatic evidence-based higher education: a useful way forward? Frontiers in Education. Vol 5: Article 583157. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/feduc.2020.583157/full
- Do you agree with the need for change in Higher Education as proposed by the authors?
- The authors are dismissive of several common teaching practices. Are there any that you feel are unjustified?
- Do you feel the Pragmatic Evidence-Based Education Model would be useful for your teaching practice?
- How does it differ from your current approach to evidence-based education?
- Do you feel something is missing from the model that is important for evidence-based education?
Everyone is welcome!